Friday, October 10, 2014

Zoodles with Pasta Sauce



This isn't really an "official" recipe. It is just a clean eating option that I have found that works for me when my family wants pasta for dinner. I usually serve mine with turkey meatballs (although sometimes I just have some chicken on the side) and most of the time I sauté fresh mushrooms to throw in too...and actually, I have won a few of my girls over!
The amounts are rough estimates....make as much of everything as you want. It's fast, easy and delicious!

Zoodles;
2-3 zuchinni, shredded with julienne peeler
1 clove garlic
1 TBS olive oil

Use a julienne peeler to shred the zucchini. You can also use a yellow squash...I just prefer zucchini! Thinly slice the garlic and sauté in olive oil until tender. Add the zucchini. It will cook quickly...only 2-3 minutes.

Sauce:
5-6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 TBS olive oil
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano

Mix all together and simmer until cooked through. Adjust as you wish and make this your own!

Turkey Meatballs:
1 pound ground turkey
Italian seasoning (I usually just mix some basil and oregano together)
1 egg white (sometimes I skip the egg white!)
a little finely chopped onion (I sometimes skip this too!)

Mix together and make rounded balls out of the meatballs. I cook them on a stone in the microwave for 7-10 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment