Monday, October 6, 2014

Thai Coconut Chicken

I love trying new things, but my family isn't always on board. I am always looking for recipes that are easy for me to toss together for myself while my family eats the food that they like...and this fit the bill. This dish is full of flavor and missing the fat and MSG. I am not always fond of curry, but I loved this!


2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp all-natural sea salt
1 TBS minced garlic
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 TBS curry powder
1 cup diced tomatoes (I used 1 large Roma tomato)
2 cups coconut milk
1 TBS agave nectar
2 TBS chopped scallions

Cut chicken into small pieces and season with salt. In a large skillet over medium heat sauté the garlic and onion with a little olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken and curry powder to skillet and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes, coconut milk, and agave nectar to the skillet and continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from stove and garnish with scallions.

*I paired it with roasted vegetables. I chunk my veggies, toss them with a little olive oil or coconut oil, sprinkle with 1 tsp all-natural sea salt, and roast at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment