Thursday, October 23, 2014

Creamy Lemon Chicken

This is a dish that definitely comes with a little zing! LOTS of flavor! I would suggest going easy on the salt since the lemon juice already adds lots of flavor to the dish. It is fast and easy!


I was in a hurry when I made this and it was a great choice for a meal that I could put together quickly. I would suggest normally serving this with brown rice or whole wheat pasta to toss with the chicken and sauce.

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 TBS olive oil
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 plain Greek-style yogurt
2 tsp all-natural sea salt (I would suggest using half this amount)
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 TBS chopped basil leaves

Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Pour lemon juice into skillet. Once lemon juice begins to simmer, add yogurt and stir until the mixture becomes a sauce. Add chicken and simmer in sauce until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Remove from heat. Divide into two servings. Cover chicken with lemon cream sauce, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chopped basil.


No comments:

Post a Comment