Sunday, October 5, 2014

Clean Eating Chili

There is nothing better on a chilly day than a bowl full of chili....and this is a recipe my family loves! It is easy to throw together and tastes great!

1 pound ground turkey
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1 small onion, chopped
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 TBS chili powder
2 large cans diced tomatoes* (I sometimes use fresh roma tomatoes, chopped)
1 large can crushed tomatoes

Put the turkey in the bottom of a crockpot (raw) and break up into smaller chunks. Add your chopped vegetables and beans. Add chili powder. Pour tomatoes over top. Cook on low for six hours.

Make this to suit your own tastes. For example, I like peppers so I chop a little extra pepper to throw in.
This makes quite a bit so I often freeze some of it so that I have quick meals later.


No comments:

Post a Comment