Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Spicy Beef Stir Fry

This was so fast to make and so good! Even my girls loved it! It was easy enough to satisfy my picky husband too...I just bought an extra flank steak and grilled it for him. ;)
Beware...I love veggies so I always add extra veggies. The recipe didn't call for carrots, but I wanted them in there so I just cut carrots into a little thicker "matchsticks" and threw them in. I like my plate to be as colorful as possible!

1 TBS olive oil
1 cup broccoli florets
1 yellow onion, quartered (I cut mine into chunks)
1 cup snow peas
1 cup white mushrooms
2 TBS minced garlic
4 TBS filtered water
1 pound flank steak, sliced
2 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust this according to how spicy you want it)
1 tsp all-natural sea salt

Warm a large skillet with 1 TBS olive oil over medium heat. Saute broccoli, onion, show peas, mushrooms and garlic (I threw in carrots) with 2 TBS water. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking and tossing for 3 minutes. Add sliced steak and red pepper flakes to the skillet, adding remaining water as needed. Cook steak and vegetables until steak is cooked through. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt, remove from heat....and enjoy!
*I serve mine with brown rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment