Sunday, January 4, 2015

Calico Corn Salsa


This is a GREAT recipe! I love Texas Caviar, but I do not like what all the beans in that recipe do to me. I was also a little leery of the bottled Italian dressing that my recipe called for. I wanted something that was TOTALLY clean and I stumbled across this recipe. I like the peas in it, but my daughter would like me to leave them out and I think it would taste great that way too. The Dijon mustard and the lime juice add a nice little zip and the cumin adds great flavor.

1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1 TBS olive oil
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup lime juice
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp all-natural sea salt
2 TBS minced fresh cilantro

In a large bowl, combine the corn and peas. In a nonstick skillet, cook cumin and oregano in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour over corn mixture and stir to coat evenly. Stir in the beans, tomato and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, mustard, garlic and salt. Stir in cilantro. Pour over corn mixture and stir to coat. Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment