Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Let Me Introduce Myself...

I am a working mother of four beautiful girls, ranging in age from 18 to 14. Yes…I had them close together! Essentially I felt like I spent five years pregnant and after that devoted all of my time to being the best mom I knew how to be…and I loved EVERY moment of it! However when my oldest daughter was about to graduate, I suddenly felt like I had no identity of my own. I was depressed about how I looked in my clothes and how out of shape I was. The gym wasn’t in our budget and simple dieting wasn’t working anymore. My girls play travel softball and with all of the years of travel, I had really struggled with my weight and fitness. I had always put myself last. I knew that I needed to make a lifestyle change that wasn’t just a temporary fix.

I started walking with a friend in the summer of 2013. When the school year started, I began doing T25 with a group of my colleagues after school (I am a high school teacher). Eventually participation in that group began to fizzle so I started to look for another way to keep myself on track and accountable. A friend contacted me through Facebook about doing an online fitness challenge. I began with monthly free online fitness challenges and eventually did a 4 day clean eating challenge. I was hooked! The pounds gradually fell off and I started to feel stronger and better about myself. By February of 2014 I had lost 42 pounds!   

My clothes were loose (in fact, I had to go down four sizes!) and I had so much more energy. One of the biggest thrills for me was that I no longer needed to wear my orthotics….I could wear all of my cute shoes again! (I know…I am such a girl!)

I found that I loved clean eating and I loved the Shakeology I had been drinking when I did the clean eating challenge. After a lot of debate, I decided to become a coach. I wanted to do this for myself, to stay on track and accountable, but I also wanted to do this for my family, friends and others. I started with the 21 Day Fix and then moved on to P90X and PiYO. I found that each program allowed me to work on something new. It has been fun to change things up!

Even though I have reached my weight loss goal, I still work out 5-6 times a week and I now run my own free online fitness challenges on Facebook. I follow the 80/20 rule for eating clean and I drink my Shakeology every morning. I feel better than I ever have in my life.

If you are interested in learning more about how you can start your journey to getting fit, please contact me at gehrkepluv2bfit@gmail.com or visit my site for additional information.  www.beachbodycoach.com/paulagehrkefit


I would love to coach you to your weight loss goals and help you transform your life! You just have to say YES!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Being honest and open helps to keep it real. We are all on a journey of some sort! :)

      Delete