Sunday, November 2, 2014

Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry

Major YUM!!! I love this recipe...and so did my daughters! I served it over brown rice, but you could just eat it plain too.
 
1TBS olive oil
1 cup broccoli florets
1 yellow onion, quartered
1 cup carrot matchsticks
1 cup snow peas (I substituted green beans because my daughters are not fond of snow peas)
1 cup white mushrooms
2 TBS minced garlic
4 TBS water, divided
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 " cubes
1 tsp all-natural sea salt

Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté broccoli, onion, carrots, snow peas, and mushrooms with the garlic and 2 TBS water. Cover skillet and cook vegetables for three minutes. Uncover and continue cooking and tossing vegetables for 3 minutes. Add chicken and remaining water to skillet. Stir-fry mixture until the chicken is completely cooked through with the juices running clear, about six minutes. Sprinkle with salt, remove from heat, and enjoy!

*NOTE: I substituted green beans for the snow peas and sautéed them for 1-2 minutes first before I added the rest of the vegetables. I also doubled the recipe and added extra vegetables because I have a family of six. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment