Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Cranberry Salsa


I was looking for a fun holiday recipe...something that would make a nice snack or appetizer. This is perfect...sweet, tart, and with a little kick. I didn't add all of the green onions or cilantro, but you can adjust it according to your taste. I would also suggest putting the green onions and cilantro on the bottom of the food processor bowl. I didn't and I had to process mine longer than I would have liked to get the green onion and cilantro processed as well as the cranberries. No matter...it still tasted great!

1 12 ounce bag cranberries
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch green onions, cut into 3 inch lengths
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
2 limes, juiced
3/4 cup stevia (you could try using another natural sweetener too)
1 pinch salt

Combine cranberries, cilantro, green onions, jalapeño pepper, lime juice, stevia, and salt in the bowl of the food processor fitted with a medium blade. Chop to medium consistency. Refrigerate if not using immediately. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment