Monday, November 17, 2014

Coconut Oil


This is one thing that has totally won my kids over....and me too! I was leery at first. I mean, did I really want all of my food tasting like coconut? I like coconut, but wouldn't that be overkill? Add to that the cost and I was hesitant to make this a staple in my diet. All I had to do was try it once and I was sold!

Rest easy...your food will not taste like coconut. That was one of my biggest fears. I actually think it has a slightly buttery taste, but that is just my opinion. It is light and does not taste greasy to  me. I use it to toss with vegetables instead of butter. I also sauté vegetables and other things in it (I use coconut oil to cook my coconut shrimp from my coconut shrimp recipe). There are a LOT of other uses for coconut oil too, not just for cooking.

The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, cholesterol level maintenance, weight loss, boosted immune system, proper digestion and regulated metabolism. Who doesn't want all of those health benefits? I actually don't go through a jar very quickly so it lasts a long time.

Try it...you'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment